Saturday, May 16, 2009

Brian Vander Ark - An oldie but a goodie.


Brian Vander Ark

I know the idea behind blogs is to update them with things that you have shot recently, but I wanted to throw out an old shoot onto here because I never had a place to really show these publicly outside of my editorial audience. In January I attented a wonderful concert by one of my favorite musicians Brian Vander Ark. Brian is the former singer / songwriter from the popular 90's band "The Verve Pipe". Their most famous song was "The Freshman". Being able to shoot this show was a dream for me. This was a fantastic concert, and despite having extremely difficult lighting I still had alot of fun. It's shows like this that make me wish I could find more gigs shooting concerts, because it truly is inspiring to shoot a musician to his own soundtrack. Much of the proceeds from this concert went to the Toledo Children's Hospital Foundation, which is truly a great cause.


Here are a few of my favorite shots from that show. I hope you enjoy these shots, and feel free to download one of his solo albums as I can testify that he's "still got it". To see him live, he has plenty of shows in the Grand Rapids / Ann Arbor Michigan area.

Brian Vander Ark

Brian Vander Ark

Brian Vander ArkBrian Vander Ark

Brian Vander Ark

No comments:

Post a Comment